Grid computing on the Raspberry Pi
As I mentioned in my last post that just before I lost my mojo I ended up completing my build of 10 Rallylogs and testing at a live event.
As these were handheld devices I decided to add a wrist strap to stop things from getting dropped and damaged at the checkpoints, especially as it can get busy as the bikes pass through a checkpoint.
In my previous post I described the design process I went through in selecting the right components from my Rallylog that would fit into the Sparkfun Project Case, all while mounted on a PCB. What follows is the process of getting the actual case machined with my Zenbot CNC machine. Continue reading “Putting the Project into an Enclosure; Part 2 Machining the Case”
For the open Hardware Rallylog device I’ve been working on, I’d based my design around fitting into the handy Sparkfun Project Case and since most of my projects never get to the “enclosure” stage, they are either used bare PCB or thrown into anything that may provide some protection against the elements, such as the widget sensor housing.
Continue reading “Putting the Project into an Enclosure – Part 1”
While testing the serial functions I had issues as mentioned in the previous post where the AVR <-> FTDI seemed not to be working.
Continue reading “#Rallylog Fusebits”
Over the last couple of nights I’ve been verifying the respective individual circuits of Rallylog before I get down to developing the application.
Continue reading “RallyLog Testing Progress”
Last Friday I received my second revision of PCBs. As mentioned in one of my previous posts I majorly stuffed up on my LCD footprint along with some additional board changes including the larger 3V regulator and the 5V regulator PCB.
Continue reading “Rallylog Assembly Progress”
As mentioned in my last post, Rallylog is a new open Hardware project it also uses Kicad as the EDA. Well late last week my prototype boards arrived from Gold Phoenix and very happy with the results, well sort of….. Continue reading “Rallylog PCB Boards REVA”
It has certainly been a while between posts, but I thought I write a few things about my conversion to Kicad as my EDA of choice.
Continue reading “My Move to Kicad”
I’ve also integrated the Atmega328P version of the WidgetBoard into the Arduino development environment so please update your boards.txt with the one from SVN.
I have successfully re-compiled and re-flashed the firmware source to remove the console on ttyS0, as suspected the console attached to ttyS0 was the root of my problems, now avrdude will talk to the WidgetBoard! Continue reading “#WidgetMesh gateway now online!”
I’ve had some mixed success with the serial port hack on the Airlive device since my previous post.
After setting up the uclib development environment I have now successfully compiled avrdude so I can program the RFM12WidgetBoard located inside the device, however I had a couple of issues when trying to talk to the WidgetBoard.
Continue reading “#WidgetMesh Gateway continued…”
The WidgetMesh network development for the Widgets is now underway, the last couple of days I’ve been learning how everything fits together in Contiki OS, as far as drivers go and how they communicate with the upper stacks, lots of looking through existing code. I now have a reasonable idea of how things should work and how I need to write my driver.
Continue reading “WidgetMesh Coordinator/Gateway Device”
I’ve just committed my current progress on porting Contiki Operating System to the RFM12WidgetBoard to SVN.
- Serial working
- LED API implemented.
- Event timers now working.
- Added blinky example that demonstrates all of the above.
Now compiling to 5166 bytes of flash and using 387 bytes of ram.