Rallylog (post) Update #1 – Adding a wrist strap to the SparkFun Case

As I mentioned in my last post that just before I lost my mojo I ended up completing my build of 10 Rallylogs and testing at a live event.

As these were handheld devices I decided to add a wrist strap to stop things from getting dropped and damaged at the checkpoints, especially as it can get busy as the bikes pass through a checkpoint.

Continue reading “Rallylog (post) Update #1 – Adding a wrist strap to the SparkFun Case”

Putting the Project into an Enclosure – Part 1

For the open Hardware Rallylog device I’ve been working on, I’d based my design around fitting into the handy Sparkfun Project Case and since most of my projects never get to the “enclosure” stage, they are either used bare PCB or thrown into anything that may provide some protection against the elements, such as the widget sensor housing.
(http://blog.strobotics.com.au/2009/06/15/widget-sensor-housings/).
Continue reading “Putting the Project into an Enclosure – Part 1”