Today I got a chance to do some testing on the boards.
State of play so far:
- Checked for shorts on power – OK
- Did a board level continuity test – everything as per schematic.
- Power at the correct levels and at the right places.
- Found that my USBASP programmer needs sw2 set and now all working, I can now read and set fuses etc.
- Arduino lillypad bootloader successfully loaded and working – Whoot!
- ASCII sketch loaded via Arduino development environment, serial port tested at 9600, all working.
- Jean claudes RFM12B Test Sketch loaded and working. Can configure device and some random data is being read back from RFM12B, need a second board operational to fully test the RF side of things.
- Build a second device now that the basic circuit is working and verified.
- Fully test RFM12B and wireless comms.
- Test I/O i.e. Analogue and Digital ports, LEDS etc
- Customise boot loader to use onboard LEDS.
- Document all of the above for others on the project’s website.
All in all I’m pretty happy 🙂