Grid computing on the Raspberry Pi
A cheap solution for filament spools
Cheaper filament for my printer
Over my long service leave in March 2016 I purchased a filastruder and winder to make my own filament of any colour I like 😀 Continue reading “Filament Extruder and Winder”
How I’ve started to organise all my parts
Over the last few years my collection of parts has been rapidly growing, rather uncontrollably (I admit I have maker addiction) much to my girlfriends dismay (she calls me ‘professor’), if you ever see what my front room looks like you’ll understand.
Most All of the time it looks like a bomb has hit it, I have parts everywhere! Some opened, some not, some in tubs, all in every form of dis-organisation possible, it would give someone with OCD, well OCD, so I really need to do something about it.
Hmmm as usual the blog hasn’t seem much activity.
Unfortunately its the opposite of what’s actually happening and is more a symptom of me having fun with projects.
Ive been doing a ton of fun projects, Ive just been super lazy when it comes to blogging about these<sigh>….with work taking a large chunk of my time, project time has been too short and I usually flip from one project to another :D…I’m sure you know how it gets.
I’m also finding is that I usually do lengthy posts on formus or post directly to sites like Thingiverse and so doesnt end here where it should be….up on the blog 🙁
So I’m make a note to self to change this!
Please keep an eye out for some past projects in the coming days/week that I’ll repost up on my blog.
Also the Blog is on bad need a a bit of house keeping, so I think I’ll be looking at this including my taxonomy.
In the meantime feel free to browse my thingiverse designs: http://www.thingiverse.com/seaton/designs
Over the last 12 months since owning the felix I’ve found that to keep it printing accurately I regularly check the following to make sure my prints are accurate and strong.
…he’s been part of the family for just over a year now 🙂
Last July I ordered and received my Felix V2 3D Printer Kit.
We have an up and coming Raspberry Pi event for the the South West Makers, it’s going to be a fairly casual get-together, but will be RPi orientated for those wanting to get their feet wet on the RPi, and also a chance to show off and chat about other projects you have on the go.
As I mentioned in my last post that just before I lost my mojo I ended up completing my build of 10 Rallylogs and testing at a live event.
As these were handheld devices I decided to add a wrist strap to stop things from getting dropped and damaged at the checkpoints, especially as it can get busy as the bikes pass through a checkpoint.
I thought I’d just fill you all in with what’s been happening the last couple of years, some bad, but a lot of awesomeness. Yes I’ve been a bad boy for not updating the blog so heres the real reason why…..
Continue reading “The Good, the Bad and the just plain AWESOME!!!”
Well I must apologise for the lack of content over the last 18 months, a lot has happened in my life personally and through all this I did loose my geek mojo.
Well I’m happy to say my mojo has returned and so I’m back on board !!!! So expect the BLOG to be updated on a semi-regular basis!!
In my previous post I described the design process I went through in selecting the right components from my Rallylog that would fit into the Sparkfun Project Case, all while mounted on a PCB. What follows is the process of getting the actual case machined with my Zenbot CNC machine. Continue reading “Putting the Project into an Enclosure; Part 2 Machining the Case”
For the open Hardware Rallylog device I’ve been working on, I’d based my design around fitting into the handy Sparkfun Project Case and since most of my projects never get to the “enclosure” stage, they are either used bare PCB or thrown into anything that may provide some protection against the elements, such as the widget sensor housing.
Continue reading “Putting the Project into an Enclosure – Part 1”
While testing the serial functions I had issues as mentioned in the previous post where the AVR <-> FTDI seemed not to be working.
Continue reading “#Rallylog Fusebits”